When someone you love is in the hospital, it’s natural to want to show them how much you care. A great way to do this is by sending cards, gifts, and especially flowers. Flowers are known for boosting spirits and putting a smile on someone’s face for a long time. But with so many flowers to choose from, how do you know which will be best?
The floral designers at Mission Viejo Florist are here to help you navigate the many choices available, plus provide tips about the best types of floral bouquets to send and what your flowers will mean to your recipient. We’ll also guide you through the steps of delivering flowers to your local medical center. Take a look at some of these pro tips to help you choose and send the best get-well flowers.
Tips for Sending the Best Get-Well Floral Bouquets
There’s a little bit more to choosing and sending get-well flowers than just picking your favorite look. Here are a few tips when it comes to picking out the most appropriate bouquets for a hospital setting.
- Choose flowers in smaller arrangements. Due to their small spaces, hospital rooms and compact designs go well together. Opt for something bright and small to make sure your flowers don’t interfere with important medical procedures.
- Choose flowers that come in durable containers. In small, tight spaces like a hospital room, floral bouquets can get moved, bumped, or even knocked over from time to time. Make sure yours arrive in a durable, sturdy container that will protect your flowers when this might occur.
- Choose flowers that are long-lasting and low-maintenance. Long-lasting flowers will stay with your patient long after they have gone home from their hospital stay. A low-maintenance variety will leave your loved one with more time and energy to devote to a speedy recovery.
- Choose flowers that are allergy-free. Keep in mind that a lot of people come and go in a hospital room and not all of them are able to handle fresh flowers. Choose hypoallergenic and non-odorous varieties so that your patient and their medical staff, who might be allergy-prone, will enjoy your flowers, too.
- Choose flowers that are bright and happy. Colorful, cheerful blooms will be a great way to lift your patient’s spirits and dress up their drab hospital room. The brighter the colors, the better when it comes to get-well flowers.
Tips for Sending Meaningful Get-Well Floral Bouquets
Flowers often carry specific meanings with them. For centuries, different varieties and colors of flowers have symbolized different sentiments. Choose some of these popular, get-well blooms to convey a particular meaning to your loved one. Many of these blooms can be found in our Fashionista Bouquet, a great option for sending get-well wishes.
- Hydrangea: Cloud-like blooms in pastel colors, this flower has often stood for perseverance. What a great thought for someone recovering from a hospital stay!
- Gerbera daisies: Bright and cheerful, Gerbera daisies represent anything cheerful and positive.
- Roses: Each color of these classic beauties has its own meaning. Pinks, yellows, and oranges convey messages of love, friendship, and optimism for the future.
- Chrysanthemums: Full and rich in color and texture, mums symbolize joy, optimism, and long life.
- Carnations: Frilly and colorful, carnations are a long-standing flower that conveys multiple meanings. Choose pink or white to send wishes of love and good luck.
- Tulips: Bright yellow bulbs with creamy, smooth petals symbolize cheerful thoughts, sunshine, and hope.
Once you’ve chosen the perfect floral design with the meaning you hope to convey, be sure to check with the hospital about their delivery policies and see if there’s a preferred delivery time. Make sure the floor where your patient is staying can receive flowers. Remember to tell your florist the full name and address of the medical center and your patient’s full name and room number when you order your flowers. Mission Viejo Florist will gladly take it from there. We want to make sure the fresh, beautiful blooms we create for you to arrive on time and efficiently. Let us know how else we can help you send the best get-well flowers with the perfect meaning to your loved ones when they are staying in the hospital.
For sample Get Well messages to include with your flowers, or tips on how to write the perfect Get Well message, visit our Card Messaging page.