Each season brings with it a certain feel that evokes change. When we acknowledge and celebrate that feel, we embrace the change that comes with the new season. One great way to do this is by redecorating our homes, inside and out, when a new season comes along. This fall, we encourage you to dress up your front porch as a way of celebrating fall and everything it has to offer.
The floral designers at Mission Viejo Florist have some great tips and tricks to offer for fall decor, especially on your front porch. We know the importance of a well-decorated home and we’re happy to show you some great ways to use the beauty of fall flowers to quickly and easily create a beautiful fall porch.
Benefit from the Importance of Fall Decor
Fall Front Porch
Not only are front porches great places for gathering with friends and family for enjoying beautiful weather, it’s also a great stage for decorating for the fall season. We find the process of decorating to be truly beneficial and important. Here’s why:
- Prepare for the upcoming holidays. When you decorate for fall, you also inspire a sense of anticipation for the upcoming holiday season. Pumpkins, gourds, and bales of hay mean cornucopias and Christmas trees won’t be far behind. Build that excitement when you decorate your front porch with beautiful fall flowers and accents.
- Indulge in a quick makeover. Adding new design and being creative are great ways to refresh yourself and your home. Feel renewed when you change the look of your home with fresh flowers and plants, as well as extra details that feel like fall.
- Inspire your neighbors. Everyone loves a beautiful home, and your neighbors just might want to create a festive fall porch as well. What a great way to build friendships with neighbors as you share ideas and even extra decorations.
- Create a welcoming entrance. All friends and family who arrive at your home will be greeted by your welcoming front porch before they even step inside. A sweet fall floral design like our Cymbidium Delight will make them feel right at home with warm, inviting fall decor.
Turn Natural Fall Accents Into Front Porch Containers
Stalks of Dried Corn
Fall flowers and plants like crotons or marigolds are a great place to start when dressing up your front porch for fall. Add an extra punch of fall flair when you place these gorgeous flowers in rustic containers that evoke fall nostalgia.
- Barrels: Upturned barrels make great tabletops for displaying flowers, or you can plant oversized chrysanthemum plants inside a few barrels and line the steps to the front door.
- Galvanized metal buckets: Display Russian sage or lavender in giant bushels in metal tubs or buckets for a rustic fall touch.
- Baskets: Opt for baskets as containers for floral arrangements instead of ceramic or glass. The softer material, as seen with our Mum Plant Design, will look great as part of your overall fall design.
- Wagon: A cute red wagon to carry your collection of pumpkins in every shape and size makes a great focal point near the front door.
Get Creative When You Decorate Your Front Porch for Fall
Wooden and Metal Buckets
Add a few special details to your front porch’s fall look that will enhance the feel of your seasonal display. Play with colors and textures to create a look you’ll love. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Fabrics: Soften the look of your rustic fall porch when you drape a few flannel blankets or plaid pillows along the seating area. Texture is everything when it comes to fall, and the colors you choose can complement your flowers beautifully.
- Indian Corn: Dried stalks of corn make excellent front door hangings, or tie to front porch posts with twine, burlap, or other festive fall ribbons. Choose burgundy, forest green, or golden yellow to complement the corn’s natural hues.
- Ladder: Lean a wooden ladder against the side of the house and use the steps as shelves for displaying pots of fall plants like our colorful Croton. Accent with a few mini-pumpkins in grays, whites, and blues for a truly unusual and stylish look.
- Gourds/Succulents: A table-top tray filled to the brim with succulents and gourds in a variety of sizes, shapes, and colors will bring an abundance of textures and fall style to your front porch.
When you decorate your front porch for the fall season, you showcase your own creative spirit, as well as your personality and style. Bring about beautiful change and feel refreshed as the seasons change. You’ll enjoy your front porch all season long and look forward to the next one with excitement and anticipation. The professionals at Mission Viejo Florists are happy to help you choose the perfect front porch floral designs to go with your decor. Talk to us about more ideas or decorating tips, and get ready to spend some quality time enjoying your new front porch this fall.