Create a Memorable Reunion at the Airport for a Loved One Who’s Been Gone for Too Long
Go for extraordinary over ordinary and show someone just how much they mean to you by greeting them at the airport with a gorgeous bouquet of fresh-cut flowers. This simple yet thoughtful gesture will mean more to your loved one than you can imagine. Flowers make people feel special, instantly boost their mood, reduces stress, and re-energize their spirit – all things anybody would want after a long flight! Keep reading for tips on selecting the best types of flowers, color meaning, and transporting them to the airport by the floral experts at Mission Viejo Florist.
Greeting Loved Ones with the Language of Flowers
Fresh Flowers for Friends
Presenting flowers to your friends is a way to honor your friendship with happiness, cheer, and joy. Therefore, choosing a floral bouquet with blooms that signify these things and more, are perfect for a proper airport greeting. Look at a few fresh favorites and their symbols.
- Alstroemeria – Friendship and Optimism
- Chrysanthemums – “You’re a wonderful friend”
- Geraniums – True Friendship
- Iris – “Your friendship means so much to me”
- Yellow Roses – Friendship and Joy
- Yellow Tulips – Friendship and Cheerfulness
- Zinnias – “Never forget absent friends”
Romantic Blooms for Significant Others
When you reunite with your significant other at the airport, a wave of relief comes over you as the longing for your love is lifted. When words are not enough to say, “I missed you” or “I love you,” turn to these truly romantic blooms to help do the talking.
- Dahlia – Excitement and Lasting Bond
- Forget-Me-Not – “True love memories”
- Roses – Romance, Passion, and Love
- Honeysuckle – “The bond of love”
- Lavender – Enchantment and Love at First Sight
- Pink Camellia – Longing and often given to those we miss
- Red Chrysanthemums – “I love you”
- Stocks – Bonds of Affection and Happy Life
Meaningful Petals for Family
Whether you are welcoming out-of-town family members or bringing them back home, there are many flowers that are sure to warm their hearts. A charming hello that expresses how much you have missed them, love them, or are grateful for their visit can be said with these ideal flowers.
- Hydrangea – Sincerely Heartfelt and Gratitude
- Orange Tulips – Warmth
- Peach Roses – Missing Someone
- Pink Carnations – Gratitude and a Mother’s Undying Love
Cheerful Flowers for Any Traveler/Visitor
If you cannot decide what type of flowers and blooms are best to greet your guests with after a long flight, find something uplifting that symbolizes your joy and happiness for their company or a simple “welcome.” As you continue your search, take into consideration some of these popular classics.
- Baby’s Breath – Happiness
- Calla Lilies – Rejuvenation, Classy Style, and Luxurious Appeal
- Gerbera Daisies – Cheerfulness and Loyal Love
- Pink Roses – Appreciation, Joy, and Gratitude
- Safflowers – Welcome
- Sunflowers – Happiness
- Sweet Pea – “Thank you,” Bliss, Pleasure, and a great way to bid someone “farewell” after a wonderful visit
- Wisteria – Welcome
- Yellow Lily – Gratitude
Related Meanings of Colors
In addition to a specific flower’s meaning, the colorful hues of these eye-catching and inspiring blooms also tell a story. If you know which flower your guest loves most or want something simple, try expressing yourself through the colors of flower petals. Keep in mind these stunning and timeless pigments.
- Light Pink – Admiration
- Peach – Gratitude
- Pink – Gratitude and Appreciation
- Red – Passion, Love, and Romance
- Yellow – Joy and Friendship
The tradition of welcoming out-of-town guests and travelers with brilliant flowers has been a common gesture all around the world for centuries. The iconic lei greeting post-flight to Hawaii started in the 1800s when visitors first came to the island by steamships. This symbol of hospitality, respect, and “aloha,” in the form of strung island blooms, shells, and nuts, has become known as an “authentic Hawaiian hello.” Today, this gesture remains, and many Hawaiian vacationers, and people all over the world, are met at the airport with meaningful flowers.