Sending a beautiful bouquet of flowers is a sweet, sentimental gesture. Maintaining those flowers so that they’ll last can be more of a challenge, but doesn’t have to be with a few pieces of flower advice from the experts at Mission Viejo Florist.
Keep an amazing arrangement like our Vase of Tulips fresh longer with some great tips about caring for these special blooms.
- Start with tulips that are not fully opened.
- Cut ¼ inch off the bottom of each stem at a 45 degree angle.
- Choose a tall vase to support the height of the tulips.
- Wash your vase thoroughly to remove all bacteria, then place tulips in cold water with a small amount of plant food.
- Only fill your vase ⅓ full of water and refill regularly.
- Keep your tulips out of direct sunlight.
- Cut their stems daily or every other day, replacing in cold water, to revive them. As they lose height, replace the tall vase with a shorter one and eventually with a bud vase.
Beautiful flowers can last a long time when properly cared for. With a little attention to maintaining these gems, you can have a gorgeous display from Mission Viejo Florist for several weeks.